Currently the best chrome effect pigment on the market, if the process is correctly applied, 80-90% mirror effect is applied. Product ready for use on solvent basis. Apply to thin strokes with more air than product.
Preparation and foundation
1. - Start by washing the model and let the model dry.
2. - Apply an FSC013 or FSC014 primer in thin, soft layers and allow to dry approximately 10 to 15 minutes, then apply a wet 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth the primer and allow it to dry.
4. - This is the most important step apply the Black color base FSC001 in thin and smooth layers and let it dry for about 30 minutes.
5. - After applying the black base and after very dry, apply a layer of Clear Gloss VFC002 varnish (100/50/50 mixture) eg 10ml of varnish / 5ml diluent / 5ml activator, waiting
5-10 min. between layers. Allow to dry at room temperature 24-72 hours (attention in possibly longer winter periods)
Make sure the varnish is completely hardened.
Note: Note if there are dust or irregularities on the surface
if there is sand and discard, if necessary polish (do not use wax).
Important: The black base should reflect as much as possible, so only if
gets great chrome (if you can see the time on
model is perfect)
Shake the bottle well and place in the airbrush, adjusting to a pressure of 2 bars and apply chrome at a distance of approximately 20 cm.
Apply multiple thin layers, ensuring that you apply more air than chrome, so as not to accumulate excessly and achieve a mirror.
Let it dry in a dry, moisture-free place for 24 hours.
Note: You may notice that chrome is dull and chromed metal dust, don't be alarmed, will settle in the next step.
1. - After chrome has been dried, remove the metal dust with a very soft and wide brush (ladies' manicure), passing very softly to avoid scratching the chrome.
Applying Special Chrome Varnish
Mix the final clear Clear Chrome Chrome varnish in a ratio of 100 - 20 (Ex: 10ml Varnish and 2ml activator). Apply 2 hands (approx 5 min between layers) and let dry in a dry place for 24 hours.
After dry varnish, you can apply masks, other colors, oils or decals (tested with the most aggressive decal products).
It is not recommended to use our products in cold or damp environments, use at a recommended temperature of
approximately 22C and always check the conditions of the space where you will paint.
To thin if necessary use Thinners Fire Scale Modeler. DO NOT use White Spirt, Acrylic Thinners or Cellulose Diluent, not suitable for these products.
Cleaning of tools may be done with acetone, never use cellulose thinner or alcohol.
Work in a well-ventilated, mask-free area and keep away from children. Tighten the cap for safety after each use.
DO NOT USE NEAR HEAT, SPILLS OR FLAMES DURING PAINTING PROCESS
Health and Safety Notes:
Harmful by inhalation, irritating to eyes. Keep away from sources of ignition. NO SMOKING .
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wear suitable gloves. Use in a well ventilated area. Keep out of the reach of children.
In case of poisoning contact 112
For exclusive use and sale to model designers over 18 years of age