Currently the best chrome effect pigment on the market, the process is correctly applied to obtain an 80-90% mirror effect. Product ready for use on a solvent basis. Apply to thin strokes with more air than product.
Preparation and basis
1. - Start by washing the model and let the model dry.
2. - Apply a primer FSC013 or FSC014 in thin, smooth layers and let it dry for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, then apply a wet 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth the primer and let it dry.
4. - This is the most important step. Apply the FSC001 Black color base in thin and smooth layers and let it dry for approximately 30 minutes.
5. - After applying the black base and after very dry, apply a layer of Clear Gloss varnish VFC002 (100/50/50 mixture) eg: 10ml of varnish / 5ml thinner / 5ml activator, waiting
5-10 min. between layers. Allow to dry at room temperature for 24 -72 hours (beware in winter periods possibly longer)
Make sure the varnish is completely hardened.
Note: Pay attention to dust or irregularities on the surface
if there is sandpaper and dispose, polish if necessary (do not use wax).
Important: The black base should reflect as much as possible, only then if
gets excellent chrome (if you can see the time in
model is perfect)
Shake the bottle well and place it on the airbrush, adjusting to a pressure of 2 bars and applying chrome at a distance of approximately 20 cm.
Apply several thin layers, ensuring that you apply with more air than chrome, so as not to accumulate in excess and achieve a mirror.
Allow to dry in a dry, moisture-free place for 24 hours.
Note: You may notice that the chrome is dull and with chrome metallic dust, don't be alarmed, it will resolve in the next step.
1. - After the chrome has dried, remove metallic dust with a very smooth and wide brush (like a ladies' manicure), in very smooth passages so as not to create scratches on the chrome.
Application of the special Varnish for chrome
Mix the final varnish for chrome Clear Gloss Chrome in a proportion of 100 - 20 (Ex: 10ml of Varnish and 2ml of activator). Apply 2 hands (with approx. 5 min between layers) and let dry in a dry place for 24 hours.
After dry varnish, you can apply masks, other colors, oils or decals (tested with the most aggressive decal products).
It is not recommended to use our products in cold or damp environments, use at a recommended temperature of approximately 22 ° C and always check the conditions of the space where you will paint.
To dilute if necessary use Thinners Fire Scale Modeler. DO NOT use White Spirt, Thinners acrylic or cellulose thinner, they are not suitable for these products
Cleaning of tools can be done with acetone, never use cellulose thinner or alcohol.
Work in a well-ventilated area and always with a mask and keep away from children. Tighten the cover for safety after each use.
DO NOT USE NEXT HEAT, SPARKS OR FLAMES DURING THE PAINTING PROCESS
Health and Safety Notes:
Harmful by inhalation, irritating to eyes. Keep away from sources of ignition. NO SMOKING .
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor. Wear suitable gloves. Use in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of the reach of children.
In case of intoxication contact 112
For use and exclusive sale to model-makers over 18 years of age